- Grade Point Average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (B or better)
- GRE combined score of approximately 300 (verbal and quantitative)
- Verbal score should be no less than 146
- Quantitative score should be no less than 140
- Analytical score should not be less than 4
- International applicants only: Score of 100 on the TOEFL (IBT) or 7 to 7.5 on the IELTS
- Letters of recommendation (3)
- Statement of career goals and research interests
- Current Curriculum Vitae or resume
Well-qualified applicants who are interested in the program but fall short in one or more areas are encouraged to contact the Director of the VMSC Graduate program, Dr. Utpal Pal.
More information about University of Maryland English Language Proficiency requirements can be found here.
Domestic Applicants: May 2
International Applicants: March 15
Domestic Applicants: December 15
International Applicants: September 30
University of Maryland Graduate Application Process
University of Maryland Application requirements and a step-by-step guide can be found at the UMD Graduate School.
All application materials must be submitted electronically via the Graduate School’s online application. Please note that there is a non-refundable application of $75 for each program you apply to.
International applicants should review the UMD Graduate School’s Before You Apply section prior to beginning the application process.
Test Score Reporting:
All test scores, (TOEFL, IELTS, and GRE) should be reported to Institution code:
- 5814 - University of Maryland, College Park