- Grade Point Average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (B or better)
- GRE is optional. Applications who have GRE scores are encouraged to submit
- International applicants only: "International applicants only: see English Language Proficiency Requirements, click here: https://gradschool.umd.edu/admissions/english-language-proficiency-requirements."
- Letters of recommendation (3)
- Statement of career goals and research interests
- Current Curriculum Vitae or resume
Well-qualified applicants who are interested in the program but fall short in one or more areas are encouraged to contact the Director of the VMSC Graduate program, Dr. Yanjin Zhang email@example.com.
More information about the University of Maryland English Language Proficiency requirements can be found here.
University of Maryland Graduate Application Process
University of Maryland Application requirements and a step-by-step guide can be found at the UMD Graduate School.
All application materials must be submitted electronically via the Graduate School’s online application. Please note that there is a non-refundable application of $75 for each program you apply to.
International applicants should review the UMD Graduate School’s Before You Apply section prior to beginning the application process.
Test Score Reporting
All test scores, (TOEFL, IELTS, and GRE) should be reported to Institution code:
- 5814 - University of Maryland, College Park